Monday, June 18, 2012

Love Letter

As I have mentioned in one of my previous blog that my writing skills have paid me as I used to write love letters to my friends and classmates. It happened that I met one of my old friends, Srikanth today and we had a long chat. During our conversation he reminded me of a love letter I wrote which he gave to his classmate and she fell in love with him. Eventually they got separated for some reasons which I would not like to mention here. But his girl friend, sorry, ex-girl friend was the hardest case I ever dealt with. I had a reputation of making girl’s heart melt with my writing but to be frank none of the girl’s heart melted for me.

The story goes this way, Srikanth met this girl in his class and he was head over heels about this girl. Obviously she was good looking and even my friend was not as hopeless as me in looks. But he was bit scared to approach this girl directly so he came to me seeking help. I took basic information required and wrote my standard template letter and gave it to me. Next day he came back, I thought he would have come to me to thank or to take me for a party. So I got up to congratulate him. He was bit stressed out and said that girl tore off the letter written by me. My heart sank and this was first time that my standard love letter template failed. I enquired with Srikanth if she read the letter completely. He answered that she dint even bothered to go through the letter she tore it without even glancing upon it. I could not believe that someone would be so stone hearted that they will tear off a letter written to them. At least they need to have some courtesy to look at it once because writing a love letter is not easy task it takes lot of effort, especially if you haven’t seen that person and you are not in love with that person.

I took it as a challenge, so collected lot of information about this girl and his feelings for her. I sat down one evening to write that letter. Surprisingly I could not write a word, I never thought that there will be a scenario where I will have to think further to my standard template. I was completely blank.

Next day I went to Srikanth’s college and met him. I told him that I’m not able to write anything as I feel that I have insufficient information and asked him to show me this girl. He agreed and we waited at a tea centre outside his college. I was having tea my with my left hand and smoking a cigarette with my right hand. At once Srikanth goaded me with such force that tea almost spilled on my dress. He said see there is she in white salwar kameez. I was bit irritated initially and looked at the direction he pointed. I clearly remember there were three girls and the girl in white salwar kameez was in between other two girls whom I dint bothered to look at. My entire focus was on White; she was in between 5.2 feet to 5.6 feet and had shoulder length hairs. She was beautiful indeed and she would make any boy to fall flat for her. So I felt my friend is completely innocent in this case as if I was in his position I also would have done same thing. After discussion few more things with my friend I came to home and sat again with my paper and pen. I wrote whatever I felt dint bother to review it or correct it, it was continuously non-stop for an hour. However, what’s written below is its dramatic reconstruction as the original copy of that letter might have been torn off long back. The letter might not be the exact copy of the original but in summary and message conveyed is same as original.

Hi,

I think you know who I’m by now. I wanted to ask you something, hope that tearing off my previous letter did not hurt your hands.

I don’t want to beat around the bush I just wanted to say you that I do like you a lot. May be I don’t know much about you but, I’m sure that I will like everything about you. Its not that I’m exaggerating but it’s the fact. From the moment I lay my eyes on you I knew that you are the one for me.
I do know that you keep hearing what I said from countless boys like me and to a girl like your stature will hear it more than required. You can shrug off me. Yes, you have every right to do it. I don’t want to push you for anything. Even if you reject me I do assure you that I will not trouble you in any way or will stalk you. All I want you to do is read this letter with open heart and do what you think is right.

Before you go any further I would like to ask you one more thing. If you are in love with someone already please stop here. There is no point in going further.

If you are reading this then I assume that you have not fallen love yet or if you have then he is the most boring person alive in this world. I wish his loss is going to be my gain.

I’m getting nervous as you reading further. Anyway, I need to make my point. Let me tell something more about myself. I’m from a middle class family and I’m the first son to my parents. My dad is an government employee and my mother is an housewife. I do have a brother who is studying in school. I’m average in my studies and not a genius or outstanding student.

You might think I’m a flirt and I would write these kind of letters to many other girls. This is my first love letter and even if you don’t believe me you can ask around and find out if I’m that kind of person. I really have no idea why I’m writing this letter to you. May be the reason is that I communicate very poorly through talking and one more reason is that my mouth seals itself whenever I see you and I can’t come up with single sensible sentence.

Now coming to the reason why I’m loving you. To be frank I don’t know the reason. As I told earlier, first time I lay my eyes on you I felt that you are the one in my life. Its really weired because I never felt so for anyone. I did liked few girls earlier but no one had captivated me as you did.

Till date I thought when someone said that you will know when you meet or see a person who is perfect for you is completely bull shit. But now I know what they exactly meant at the moment I saw you. I felt like god is pointing his finger at you and saying ‘Son, this is the girl I made for you. Now don’t wander around like a fool, go and claim what is yours for this life’. You might not believe me but I can certify that whatever written here is nothing but truth.

So I know I will like anything about you. I do think that we are made for each other. I can prove this to you. All I need is you to give me a chance and I assure that this chance will be for lifetime. There might be few things in me that you might not like about me but, I’m ready to change for you. That’s the least I can do for you.

If you are ready to accept me and the relation goes further and later there can be usual Indian parents opposing episode and altercations. If you are ready to stand by me I can promise that I will go to any extent to convince both of our parents and marry you and stay with you till my last breath.

You can also deny my proposal and walk away. Yes, that would hurt me and it would take some time for me to recover but you should not worry I will not take any extreme steps and will not hurt you. But I’m sure that you are love of my life. You can come back to me late at any stage of my life you will find me with same kind of love for you.

Tomorrow you can fall in love with someone whom you might consider is perfect for you or your parents might marry off to a stranger who they consider is perfect for you. Also that person might not know the actual worth of having you in their life. He might take you for granted and use like a show piece to world or worse. At that point do remember that there is someone who knows what you are and respect you for what you are and who loves you truly.

I don’t know what god has really planned for me. If I miss you now and if my love is true (which I’m sure of) I will meet you at some other point of life. No matter what’s the condition I would be at that time but we will fall in love. It might not be a perfect love story but what is perfect in this world? Love is like god who does not follow a fixed pattern or rules made by human. It can happen at any time and at any stage.

I don’t have anything else to say. I have written bluntly about my feelings and I have not tried to use poetic or sublime language but this is the way I’m.

I know that I’m not perfect but I also know that you will make me perfect and I will try my best to make you perfect.

Yours lovingly _______________



To my surprise that girl accepted my friend’s proposal. I got my money and treat as promised. But for some unknown reason they broke-up after a year. I also dint dig-up much. But I felt bit bad as I writing that letter took lot of effort.

But now I’m happy that by recreating that letter and uploading it in my blog I have immortalized it.

No comments:

Post a Comment